How to enable Ray Tracing reflections only on the particular material?

Hi guys,

Is there any way to turn on Ray Tracing reflections only on a** specific material**, while having most of the scene materials using SSR reflections?

In this video there was talk about optimizations like that for reflections, but I don’t recall if SSR is specifically mentioned. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EekCn4wed1E

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to do this out-of-the-box. It’s theoretically possible to write some tag into GBuffer and load it in the ray traced reflection shader to exclude/include objects. The GBuffer is already quite tightly packed, so finding a spare bit to use for such tag is a challenge.

It is really a pity that I cannot do this out of the box, I hope in the future they will add such a feature.

Anyway, thanks for the reply!

Keep in mind that the cost of RT reflections is directly proportional to the number of pixels on the screen for which reflections need to be calculated on, not the number of materials. So even if you only have a specific material using reflections, if the camera zooms into it performance will take hit the same as if you were in a room made entirely of mirrors.