How to enable global clip plane?

Hello everyone,
I 've installed the oceanproject plugin and when i place the ocean bp, some word appear in my screen “Global Clip Plane Project Setting not enabled”
I 've checked all project settings but i can’t find that! Please help me,
Thanks

1 Like

It’s located in the Project Setting > Rendering > Enable Global Clip Plane.

This will enable Planar Reflection Captures for the project and will require a restart of the engine along with recompiling all shaders for the project.

1 Like

The problem is that there isn’t this option in the rendering section

Oh i solved the problem, the options is in the rendering section and it’s called “Support for global clip planes”

Interesting, in my case (4.12.3) it’s called “Support global clip plane for Planar Reflections”

and for 4.13?

At the same place, but with different name “Support for global clip planes” :slight_smile:

It’s always been called “Support Global Clip Plane for Planar Reflections”. When I responded above, it was just from memory and figured it was close enough for most to figure out. :slight_smile:

thankssssssssss, thats why i love unreal engine and epic games.

My instructions how to find Global Clip plane aka Planar Reflections.

• Save your game project.
  • Project Setting > Rendering > Lighting > Support global clip for Planar Reflections
  • Check it to enable it
  • Restart your game project
  • Click Build to rebuild the Lighting
  • Your Error should disappear completely
  • Save your game again or rename the save file
  • Job Done!
1 Like

Fix for UE4 version 4.26.2 is under lighting
Enable: support for global clip planes

From the Main Toolbar go to Edit > Project Settings and from the Project Settings menu, go to Engine/Rendering/Lighting
Click on the check box next to Support global clip plane for Planar Reflections.
Restart the engine. Done!

1 Like

In Project Settings - Rendering - in 5.3 it is called clipping planes that support planar reflections.