How to disable the VR Pawn Movement during a Sequence?

I’ve got a scenario where the player walks through a neighborhood. The walking is done by holding the grip buttons (both of them) of the Oculus Touch and swinging their arms (like you’d do when walking IRL). At a certain point the player walks through a box collision, which plays a sequence without any cameras, so everything plays during the gameplay.

As of now the player is still able to move around the map, but I want the player to be stuck on the ground while still being able to look around them.

I’ve tried the Disable Input node but when I do this, it creates some complications. See, I wrote before that in order to move around you’d have to hold down the grip buttons and swing your arms. When the player walks through the box collision, these buttons are still pressed since the player expects they can walk further. When the Disable Input node is then activated, these buttons don’t register a release, meaning that you’ll always walk around even if you release the grip buttons.

So I was wondering if there’s a way to deactivate the pawn movement altogether, that even if you hold down the grip buttons and swing your arms, you just stay in place.

If you can nudge me into the right direction, I’d appreciate it.