How to Disable Player Movement Entirely

Hey everyone, I’m a bit new to game development in Unreal Engine 5, and I’m trying to work on a game inspired by the retro Atari games Pong and Breakout, and what I’ve made so far is a reflective black surface with a simple rectangle and sphere on top with a directional light shining over the scene. The following image shows the items that I’ve made for my game so far:
Help2_UnrealEngine5Game
You could probably tell what the “paddle” and sphere are supposed to be, as well as the directional light, but the “Plane” refers to the reflective black surface I mentioned earlier. I also tried to get a camera over the scene, but when I tested it as a “Standalone Game”, it didn’t work the way I wanted it to, so I replaced it with a “Player Start” item that appears above the scene and looks down. However, when I test the “Standalone Game”, it moves around with the keyboard and mouse. What I want to know is: how can I disable the player’s movement and just have it stand still without being able to move or look around the scene?

There are some other features I’d like to ask about, but I would like to approach this game by solving one problem at a time.

I look forward to hearing from you all. :+1:

PS. This is a continuation of my previous post, by the way:

the simplest way is to have a boolean variable in the blueprint where you handle the input events, and while the boolean is false, have a branch that does nothing from the false execution branch.

like this:

You’ve asked a few questions here, but its best to keep to just one focused question per thread, that way it is easy to find via search in the future for anybody else with same problem.

Hi, I’m not too familiar with the retro Atari games, but I did a bit of research and I would assume your trying to make a game like brick breaker.

I’m don’t totally understand what your trying to ask (I’m truly sorry), but if you are trying to make a brick breaker “like” game then I recommend your check out an online course from Udemy. Its called “UE4 Game Loops: Brick Breaker.” It’s a free course and it teaches you how to build the base for a brick breaker game.

If this is not what your trying to build, could be reword your question? It’s a bit confusing because I’m not sure if you have issues with the paddle or the camera.