How Can I Move the Rectangle With A and D Keys?

Hey everyone, I’m trying to come up with a game inspired by the Atari games, Pong and Breakout, so here’s what I came up with so far. You could obviously guess what the sphere and rectangle are supposed to be in the image above, but the other cube is supposed to eventually be a wall that will stop the rectangle from moving too far off the screen. But I’m trying to figure out how I can use Blueprints to make the rectangle move left and right using the A and D keys respectively. What should I do? Because I’m kinda new to Unreal Engine 5 lol

Hi StardustBlaze,

There are some tutorials on exactly what you’re after - they will help you get used to many of the Unreal features. Just do a search on YouTube for “make a breakout game in ue” and choose one that stands out to you…

1 Like

Hey there @StardustBlaze! Welcome to the community! I agree with Recourse that it’s probably best to run through a tutorial to get your feet with with this project first. However if you want a basic implementation with handled acceleration this would work.

1 Like