How to disable movement of Minimap?

In the player blueprint:

Nodes to copy paste:

Thanks again. Sorry for the hassle.

Haha, see if it works first!

I will and i’ll have to continue this discussion tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Here’s an update for you. I’ve copied the blueprints to the first person character. Re-corrected all new promoted variables. But my capture still won’t move on selected locations. Any idea why?

Not without seeing what you did. Put Print String everywhere to see what fires and what does not. Or use the debugger to observe the execution flow.

So I added print strings to all the compartments. It’s saying that everything is working properly, but my capture doesn’t move when i click on the buttons on the ui.

I can’t help if I can’t see it. Sorry.

yeah i can’t really show you what i’m working on as its for a company. I can show you my blueprints etc. which is why i can’t give you my project.

Actually, I have just recorded a video of whats not working and you can’t see anything that u haven’t already seen before. so i’ll share that in a gif.

Here’s what’s happening:

and this is the blueprint.

Making me guess how the nodes are connected, huh? :slight_smile:

No need for the project. The equivalent of the pic I posted should be more than enough. Finding time to debug someone else’s project is not something I can afford - not feasible; I actually would need to charge for that… :wink:

Anyway, if it’s too sensitive for a public AH forum, you can send me a private message on the normal forums. I receive private requests there often so I’ll be much slower to reply, though.

My best guess at this point is the dispatcher not being registered correctly and / or on time - basing this on how disconnected the image you previously posted was.

Does the Location Print? If it does not, can you show the widget cycling indexes and calling the dispatcher.

yeah it does.
Just the capture doesn’t move to each location

The capture stays where it is located in the editor window.

And if you print the index? Perhaps you flagged the capture component transform location as World (absolute)? It should not be absolute here as you want it move with the actor - it’s no longer connected to the player after all.

This would explain it the best.

Looks fine - is the capture component flagged as absolute? The first picture i posted - it should be relative here.