How to disable mirroring for VR?

I currently have the problem that every VR-Project gets stuck at 60fps!

I found out that my main monitor is the main cause of that problem.
It runs at 60hz and also because 4.8 is displaying a mirror image of what the user sees inside the HMD it cant process more than 60fps.
So to get more than 60fps on the HMD i need either to disable all monitors besides it or find a way to get rid of the mirroring ue4 does!

Any ideas on how to avoid rendering the stereoscopic image a second time on the main monitor?
That is for preview inside the Engine and for Alt+Enter in Standalone & Packaged Games

Thanks

I found out that moving the preview window into the HMD somewhere on the bottom where its not in the FOV, works as a hack for the moment.

Hope somebody has a tip for me.

Addition: Its Windows 10 - Extended Mode

Console command ‘hmd mirror off’.

On this note, is there any way to display something different in the Mirror window? Like sending a different game-camera to the screen, instead of what the player is seeing?

Or for example, we could setup a separate interface on the screen, that displays information, or prompts IRL spectators to change something within the game, so that the VR player experiences what the spectators decide.

sweet idea!

Hi,
I’ve searched every where I could and did not found how to make a console command,
Could you explain ? :slight_smile:

Due to Direct Mode - this is obsolete

A side-note related to the HMD mirror window: the size of the window directly affects the MIP levels of the textures, even inside the HMD. Just shrink that window very small, and you will see all your textures in the HMD reduce to lower MIP levels. It may also therefore affect object LOD levels, although I haven’t tested this yet.

Unfortunately, turning off the mirror window (“hmd mirror off”) does not sever this unfortunate connection between the two displays.

the “hmd mirror off” command seems not working to me: playing the application from the editor start the mirror, but giving the command have no effects, the mirror window on the monitor still there.

Tried giving the command both from the mirror window and from the console log panel in the editor, also, no hint is given by the console while writing.

Any ideas?

this will not work in the editor. I believe such effects can only be archieved with cooked builds.
But changing the spectatorview works.