How to disable Incredibuild

Hello. I love the feature that UBT will automatically use Incredibuild if present, however this is preventing me from compiling entirely right now. I am on a machine that has Incredibuild but only with a partial license that is not enough to run UBT. This is what I get when trying to build:

Distributing 63 actions to XGE
2>         --------------------Build System Warning---------------------------------------
2>         License required for build:
2>             One of the following licenses is required in order to run this build in distributed mode:
2>
2>                 IncrediBuild for Dev Tool Acceleration
2>
2>             This build will run in standalone mode.
2>             Use the Coordinator application to allocate the appropriate license to this Agent.
2>
2>             A Dev Tool Acceleration license is required in order to distribute and accelerate custom processes.
2>             For a fully functional Dev Tool Acceleration evaluation license, please contact sales@incredibuild.com
2>
2>         -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2>         Initializing...

And later on …

2>
2>         1 build system warning(s):
2>            - License required for build
2>
2>         ---------------------- Done ----------------------
2>
2>             Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

Could we have a flag in module/target rules to disable incredibuild entirely?

Small bump, this is almost blocking at this point.

Hey Kryofenix-

You should be able to open the folder location for IncrediBuild (in the “Xoreax IncrediBuild” folder) from the start menu and select IncrediBuild Agent Settings. The first page that opens is Agent Settings - Agent - General. Here you should be able to stop the service from running.

Cheers

Hey . Thanks for the answer.

Of course I can stop the service from running but this is a bit annoying. UE is the only program which I can’t use for incredibuild, so I would like to keep it running while disabling it in UBT.

You can set bAllowXGE to false in your build configuration to disable XGE.

See C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\UnrealBuildTool\BuildConfiguration.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><Configuration xmlns="https://www.unrealengine.com/BuildConfiguration">
	<BuildConfiguration>
		<bAllowXGE>false</bAllowXGE>
	</BuildConfiguration>
</Configuration>
1 Like

I disabled the agent and applied the Buildconfiguration settings but still getting this error:

LogPlayLevel: Running: C:\Program Files (x86)\Xoreax\IncrediBuild\xgConsole.exe “C:\Users\Delcasda\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\d+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.19\UAT_XGE.xml” /Rebuild /MaxCPUS=200 /no_watchdog_thread
LogPlayLevel: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
LogPlayLevel: IncrediBuild Console 9.3 (build 2320)
LogPlayLevel: Copyright (C) 2001-2018 IncrediBuild Software Ltd. All rights reserved.
LogPlayLevel: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
LogPlayLevel: Fatal Error: Failed to start build.
LogPlayLevel: Failed to connect to Build Service (on local machine): Server is not reachable
LogPlayLevel: Took 0,0515804s to run xgConsole.exe, ExitCode=3
LogPlayLevel: ERROR: Command failed (Result:3): C:\Program Files (x86)\Xoreax\IncrediBuild\xgConsole.exe “C:\Users\Delcasda\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\d+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.19\UAT_XGE.xml” /Rebuild /MaxCPUS=200 /no_watchdog_thread. See logfile for details: ‘xgConsole-2018.06.09-14.44.13.txt’
LogPlayLevel: (see C:\Users\Delcasda\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\d+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.19\UAT_Log.txt for full exception trace)
LogPlayLevel: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1 (Error_Unknown)
LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Build Task, Time: 4.507982
LogPlayLevel: BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults: Error: Launch failed! Unknown Error

1 Like

Have you tried building with the -noxge flag?

This is an old post but I really need a solution for incredibuild, how do I use that - noxge flag? Callling it from editor or passing it as argument for UBT, and where do I fnd UBT executable?

post above: STAFF Oct 21 '16 at 5:42 PM
"You can set bAllowXGE to false in your build configuration to disable XGE.
See C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\UnrealBuildTool\BuildConfiguration.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><Configuration xmlns="https://www.unrealengine.com/BuildConfiguration">
     <BuildConfiguration>
         <bAllowXGE>false</bAllowXGE>
     </BuildConfiguration>
 </Configuration>

"
http://joxi.ru/Vrwo64MU7XWXLr

Hi ,

If you still facing problems after you modified BuildConfiguration.XML, then do as the following :
in Visual studio, choose the project and open its properties >> configuration properties >> NMake >> preprocessor definition: select EDIT and search for (WITH_XGE_CONTROLLER) and set its value to 0. hopefully this will be it.

Try this: 《第7期(3): 避免“XGEController”插件和“Incredibuild”引起启动编辑器时一直卡在某个位置(如39%处);Editor中Shader编译时卡在某位置(但是能正常使用编辑器)》 第7期(3): 避免“XGEController”插件和“Incredibuild”引起启动编辑器时一直卡在某个位置(如39%处);Editor中Shader编译时卡在某位置(但是能正常使用编辑器) - 知乎

This approach is not suitable for the shader “XGE” compilation of the release UE4.26.1. The reason is that this configuration is a configuration file for the UBT tool(suitable for your own C++ compilation of the UnrealEngine).

In other words. This means that this switch is only suitable for switching UBT’s “XGE”(i.e., compiling C++ code), and is not suitable for turning on and off the “XGE”(Incredibuild) function of Shader compilation which is compiled in parallel after starting the Editor.

But you can try this to turn off the “XGE”(Incredibuild) of Shader compilation: 第7期(3): 避免“XGEController”插件和“Incredibuild”引起启动编辑器时一直卡在某个位置(如39%处);Editor中Shader编译时卡在某位置(但是能正常使用编辑器) - 知乎