I am working on a Networked game.
I have an Actor Component attached to the Player State. This Actor Component uses a tick event that calls a server RPC function. This call returns the following error in the output log every tick:
LogNet:Warning: UIpNetDriver::ProcesRemoteFunction: No owning connection for actor GameplayPS_C_3. Function RegenerateStamina will not be processed.
I believe this error message is only called when a client tries to call that server RPC function on a PlayerState that is not owned by the client.
The Actor Component works as intended, but the error messages get in the way when I try to debug, and they annoy me.
My issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
- Create a firstPersonTemplate project
- Create a new PlayerState, and ActorComponent
- Add the PlayerState to the Map’s GameMode
- Add the created ActorComponent to the PlayerState components-list
- Open the ActorComponent, create a Custom Event, set Reliable, Replicated to Server, make that function print something.
- Call that function with the tick-event in the ActorComponent.
- Change Play Settings to “4 Players” (something > 1 player)
- When you run it the Output log will print an error much like the one I provided. Ex:
LogNet:Warning: UIpNetDriver::ProcesRemoteFunction: No owning connection for actor PS_Test_C_2. Function asd will not be processed.
//Best Regards, Albin