How to deal with OneDrive deleted from my laptop

Hi: I installed UE5.3 on a new Win 11 laptop. After installation I realized that I wanted to delete OneDrive from my laptop, so I did. However UE5 still includes Onedrive in the default path for saving and finding things. So, then I uninstalled UE5 and reinstalled it hoping that reinstalling would make it forget Onedrive. Unfortunately, OneDrive still appears in the default paths for storing and finding things. Should I just ignore that or should I do something with these settings somewhere to make it forget that OneDrive existed on the laptop at an earlier time?

1 Like

Hey there @Huertaaj! Welcome to the community! As long as it’s just the file name and Onedrive itself is uninstalled or disabled it’s harmless, however if you do need to change file locations you’ll need to change target locations for your vault, project folder, install location of the engine etc. In their respective places.

1 Like

Thank you @SupportiveEntity. I’m completely new to UE so I’m trying to figure my way around. Where might I find information about how to make the changes you suggest such as target locations for vault, project folder, etc.? I can’t find a place to do that in UE5.

1 Like

You can choose the installation location when you start the installation of a new UE install inside the launcher like so:

This thread goes over being able to move UE to a different drive if needed, has a method involving symlinks and one involving redirecting an INI. Both are viable (in windows):

To change the vault cache (marketplace or sample assets store location), in the Epic Games Launcher, open the settings in the bottom left:

Then scroll until you see Edit Vault Cache Location

1 Like