How to create level blockout developer materials used in the 'Exploring level design for game development' unreal learning course?

Hi guys im new to UE4 and have been completing some of the online learning materials provided by epic. However i recently started the learning module for exploring level design for game blockouts. The instructor references some developer materials within the course that are basic materials that display the ‘normal’ local position etc of the basic mesh being used in the block out. However the tutorial doesnt cover how to create these and they are not provided with the content. As these look useful for maintaining correct grid positioning between the objects i would just like to undeestand how they work and how to create them so i can better follow along with the course.

For what it’s worth, I’m wondering the same thing. In one video he makes a folder for materials, in the next, it has the materials he wants in it. Bizarre.

Any luck finding the Materials
im new and it a road block!!?!?

Hey guys, I’ve found a workaround for this. First you need to redeem this code 755KW-GUGAK-YE6RJ-ZQJYX over market place and then you will see this project in your Epic Games library (like on the first screenshot). You’ll will the possibility to create project but for that you need to install unreal engine version 4.26.2 if you don’t have it. As soon as you’ll 4.26.2 you may now create this project and when you’ll click on it, you will asked which UE version you would to use and choose 4.27.2 or whatever version of it will be there when you’ll this. The last step will just to migrate all the mention developer materials to the whished project by just selecting/highlighting the folder with those materials and right-clicking on it (like on the second screenshot). And here you go. You have now everything from the tutorial and can freely use them. If you’ll have any question, feel free to ask them. Have fun!

P.S.

I haven’t tried it with UE 5, so this is something to try out. But I am pretty sure, that this should not be an issue.

I am not sure why the materials are not to be found in the project files, but they can certainly be found in the next course in the Level Design Learning Path. All the materials are here in this course: Creating a Level Blockout for Game Development in UE Online Learning - UE Marketplace