How to control Sequence Recorder from blueprint?

Hello,

I am using Vive pro and would like to record the point of view of HMD. I was able to do this step using sequence recorder editor, but I couldn’t do it from the level blueprint. My plan is to use the keyboard to start, stop, and pause sequence recorder from the level blueprint. Any ideas on how to accomplish this task?

Thank you!

you can use console commands recordsequence and stoprecordingsequence. But I would recommend you to use the “new” Plugin “Take Recorder”. Just activate it, restart editor and search in BP for “Take Recorder” to see the Nodes

287790-1.png

Does Take Recorder available in UE 4.21? I couldn’t find it!

I’ve just launched 4.21. You’re right, it is not included. I guess starting at 4.22 it is. Sorry, then you need to upgrade or use the both console commands - these are for a longer time in the engine

May I ask you why you whant to do it that way? Whats the goal? Maybe there is an other / better way

Thank you for responding! I want to recode the point of view of the user who wears HMD and export the recording as a video using the keyboard via blueprint. Is there a better way to do this step than using sequence recorder?

I have updated UE4 to 4.22 I think this plugin a good idea to use. Could you please tell me what is the meaning of parameters that I have to connect to start recording function in the blueprint?

Yes, If I understand you and you want to record what the Player Sees, use the spectator Screen and record with Something Like OBS (Screenrecorder). What I so a Lot ist a Seconds actor in the Scene which I can Control with Keyboard and Mouse (floating pawn with Just a camera) and record this also. So you have FPS and TPS :wink:

I’ll have a Look at it tomorrow. Didn’t use it myself