How to: Character blueprint skeletal mesh not visible on level load, but when close is visible

Hi! I’ve recently made an enemy AI that uses Pawn Sensing, (Character class blueprint with skeletal mesh). On level load I would like it to be invisible, however when my character gets close to a set distance, the mesh will be visible. How do I do that? Thankyou so much!

It would be very appreciated to format steps in step 1 > step 2 > step 3, however feel free to describe it however you want! Your helping me so that’s all that matters. Heck if you want to do a simple screen recording / unlisted YouTube video with or without audio is also fine. Thankyou so much!

You need to be more specific:

• are you talking about the visibility of only the skeletal mesh component or the actor itself?
  • are you walking only about visibility?
  • the visibility change should happen only when the player is being detected or also otherwise, for example, when the player comes from behind the AI, regardless if the AI is detecting the player or not?

1.) Just the skeletal mesh itself
2.) Yes, only visibility
3.) Regardless of the player being detected, when in range the player will see the AI
4.) Thankyou! no c++ required right? just blueprints…

Had to solve it myself, very simple just add a SM_Sphere component to character blueprint, toggle it’s visibility. Add event for the sphere, “on actor begin overlap” and “on actor end overlap” > toggle visibility.