How to change username?

Is possible to change username? (I mean in the forum)

2 Likes

Your forum username is tied to your Epic Games account, so you’ll need to follow these instructions to change your account name: https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/epic-accounts-c74/general-support-c79/how-to-change-your-epic-games-display-name-a3260

Thanks for answering. I followed the instructions in the link and changed the username, but I still see the old nick (jarnosrt8) on this forum.

How does this interact with the forum’s user ignore feature? I have some users on ignore, I’m wondering if they change their display names will I start seeing their posts again?

(I don’t see this being an actual problem, I’m just curious)

I would like to know this as well. I changed my display name on Epic Games, but I still see the old one on the forums.

@Amanda.Schade This method doesn’t change the forum username. They are separate. I’d created mine expecting to change it afterwards.

If you have any suggestions other than creating an entirely new account, please let me know.

Mentioned method is not working in the new forums. Wanted to change user name to that of git.hub.

Edit: Sorry, above statement is ambiguous. Wanted to say that I would like to change my forum user name to be same as my git.hub. handle/username.

Hey Sam,

We’re currently looking at the issue regarding the link between Epic Games accounts and UE Forum usernames not allowing for updating of username across platforms. I will DM you regarding the username change now :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, what is exactly username here?