How to change **ue4editor listen port** to specific one?

Hi there! :slight_smile:

Short:

Does anybody know how to change ue4editor listen port to specific one?

Long:

My friend and I are trying to test Multi User Editing. We use VPN. Current issue we have is that without firewall, we can see our sessions, connect to them and do other things. However, when we try to setup rules within firewall (on router) to allow only traffic on port 6666 between us - we lost contact and cannot see our sessions.

I tried to capture some info about traffic that run between us and found that there is packets, which are going to/from other port(s) than 6666. Like 55195 or 61184 etc. I also found that those ports 50000-65000 are used as listen ports by “ue4editor” and many packets are sent on them when we are in session. I tried to found some settings where I can choose/set specific port, like 23456. So that port should be static and we will be able to set those rules (in firewall) to drop all other traffic and allow only needed one.

So my question is how to change ue4editor listen port to specific one?

1. If your server is already running, shut it down.

2. In your Unreal Engine installation folder, go to the Engine/Programs/UnrealMultiUserServer/Saved/Config/<platform> folder, and open the Engine.ini file in a text editor. If that file doesn’t already exist, create it.

3. Add the following block of settings to the file:

[/Script/UdpMessaging.UdpMessagingSettings]
    EnableTransport=True
    UnicastEndpoint=192.168.0.73:0
    MulticastEndpoint=230.0.0.1:6666
    MulticastTimeToLive=1
    EnableTunnel=False
    TunnelUnicastEndpoint=
    TunnelMulticastEndpoint=

4. Set the value of the UnicastEndpoint setting to the IP address of the network adapter you want the Unreal Editor to use. Always use port 0.

5. Press your thumbs

6. Save the file and restart your server.

Hi! :slight_smile:

This has been done already. Here is my version:

[/Script/UdpMessaging.UdpMessagingSettings]
EnableTransport=True
UnicastEndpoint=My_NIC_IP:0
MulticastEndpoint=230.0.0.1:6666
MulticastTimeToLive=1
EnableTunnel=False
TunnelUnicastEndpoint=
TunnelMulticastEndpoint=
StaticEndpoints=client_ip:6666

Without “StaticEndpoints=client_ip:6666” line in config on my side, a client cannot connect to the server, by the way.

So sorry about point 5. It is not an answer for my question :frowning:

This changes nothing, UE still uses port 7777 regardless of settings in here.