How to change FirstPersonCharacter's turn/look up speed on runtime?

In a Fisrt Person game, I want to let the player to config the walking and turning speed.

Walking speed is easy. A widget slider modifying the “Max Walking Speed” variable in the Movement component of the FPCharacter.

But, how to do the same with turn and look up speed? There’s no equivalent variable in the CharMoveComponent.

As a dirty workaround, I’m trying to modify that axis scale in the input settings. These two:

353608-turn-input.jpg

I’m trying this:

but it’s not working, it seems modifying hat struct value is not enough and I’m missing a last step. I’ve looked for it but there’s no “Save Input Settings” node to send that modified struct to.

So I have two questions:

1. Can I modify the turn and look up speed of the player in a similar way I change the movement speed?

2. If tweaking the input axis is the only (or the best) way to do this, how to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Multiply the Axis Value by a sensitivity float and then modify that float during runtime. That’s probably the easiest way to set it up.

Yes, that’s the solution.

First, I used the slider to adjust TurnRateBase and LookAtRateBase with the direct simple method. This way I’m adjusting player’s turn speed using the cursor keys, he might use them instead of the mouse.

Then, in theFirstPersonCharacter, I multiply the mouse input by thatTurnRateBase, but converted to its apropiate range. (rates are 5-50 corresponding to axis scaling between (0,2 and 1,2).

And that’s all.

Thanks ChasetoferBoi!