How to change combobox background color?

Hi. Can anybody explain to me, how to change that color in my combobox (selected on image):

I’m already change everything I found to transparent, but the color still grey. How can I change that color without creating custom widget and bind it in “On Generate Widget”?

1 Like

In the Combo Button Style.

2 Likes

Finally, it works! Thank you very much!

2 Likes

How would you change the background color of the actual drop-down items? I feel like I’ve tried every setting available, but nothing fixes the issue. I would like to make it transparent

Hi Grimgorkos1,
This is a little more tricky, but can be done by customizing each menu item, check out this forum post:

2 Likes

Thanks for the link @RecourseDesign !

I’ve tried to get it to work, but im not sure what widget I need to create? As a test, I just used something text-related (in this case “VPUI Context Text”) which seems to have changed my font and added “mm” to the end of the text. Any idea what I need to replace it with to edit the Background? Its all quite overwhelming :o

Hi Grimgorkos1,
I just had a play around and I wasn’t able to change the menu background style at all - it seems to draw that, then draw the things like Alternate-Row coloring etc afterwards on top.

So I’d suggest just creating a simple widget which is just your text, then in the blueprint, get it to open another widget you make with the list of options in it and write blueprint to handle the selection.

I’m glad you’ve had the same experience as me as that’s the same result I managed to get after some playing around - some colored background on top of a black background :sweat_smile:
I think I might just toss the drop-down menu idea and make it a toggle switch…

I appreciate the help. But of a shame that something as simple as that is such a hasstle to get to work in UMG :frowning:

2 Likes

I tried creating a custom widget to replace the built-in style by changing the generated widget, but there’s still a black background.
2024.02.05_曾琪

Try these settings

Change properties in Even Row background and Odd Row Background

Screenshot 2024-02-28 124523

1 Like

Yep, I just got ■■■■■■ by this as well. I literally set everything possible in the ComboBox to “Draw as: None” but that gray box background in the menu still draws. It’s really frustrating having to blueprint my own widget UI element completely from scratch just because of this. :frowning: