How to apply multiple physical materials to a mesh?

Hello guys ,I have a weapon (a polearm) which is made up of steel , wood and leather. The model is a single mesh.

Now, how to apply different physical materials to the model for steel, wood and leather?

Hi, I am not sure how you have got on with this but its worth noting as its not clear in the Wiki that if you have several physical materials on a standard mesh that you need to set collision complexity to the use the complex collision in its drop down. If you use the standard collision that is the default it will use the first material slot as the behaviour and ignore any others that have physical materials assigned!

Is it successfully?It is realy inportaint thing.

FelixoMars, thank you for posting that.

I have a bed (static mesh) with 2 materials. The first/top element/material is for the legs of the bed and has no physical material set (it’s default - “none”), and the second element, a “bed_cloth” material, does.

The sound for my default physical material (that I made) plays when the line traces, drawn down from the character’s root, hit the middle of the bed (nowhere near the legs).

So as a test I set both elements, namely the top one, to the same bed cloth material (the one with the phys material I want played), and the cloth material plays.

I was gonna post a question about why, and in the process of constructing a title I found this thread. I never assumed it’d be a collision issue. but in retrospect it makes sense.

Thanks to your post I’ll give it a shot tomorrow.