How to apply manual filter to each lens separately?

Just to start, I am completely new to Unreal Engine and don’t plan to use it for any game design, just for this one project. What I’m trying to do is set each lens to a sort of “greyscale”, except the left lens will be entirely blue while the right lens will be yellow. My reasoning is that blue-yellow is a color we can’t usually see due to how our photoreceptors work, but you can see it if the colors are presented to different eyes. I’d like to have a filter than can be applied on top of any Unreal VR project to turn the whole world blue-yellow, putting you into a world made out of a color you’ve never seen before. I feel like the easiest way to do this would be to just apply some equation to the RGB values of every pixel, and have that equation be different for each lens. I have no clue how to implement this though, as I have no clue how Unreal Engine works at a low level. I’d like for this to work on any headset, but if that’s a more difficult task then just tips on how to get started on this with an HTC Vive would be fine. Thanks for the help.

The easiest way would likely be with a post process material.

To selectively apply effects to each eye in the material editor, use a custom node with the following code:

return ResolvedView.StereoPassIndex;

It will output 0 for the left eye and 1 for the right. Connecting it to an if node will let you select between inputs to pass on.

Perfect, this sounds much simpler than the kind of thing I had in mind. I’ll try this out, thanks.