How to apply emissive material to parts of an UMG image ?

I’m not quite clear on what you are asking. Do you have a texture with a bunch of circles on it and you want to just show those circles without the rest of the texture? You could do that if you select the masked shade model.

Also, I believe all materials with domain User Interface are automatically emissive; I’m not sure it is possible to make one that isn’t treated as emissive.

If I have understood what you want correctly: Select masked shade model. Then plug in to the opacity mask pin that makes the circles stay and the rest of the image not there (may require using 1-minus node on texture and/or using just red (or other single) output). Then plug into color pin what color you want.

Hello, i am trying to apply an emissive material to all colored places of an image, without any result of how to.
Having an UMG image which does have multiple white circles drawed on it, i would like to apply to all this circles the emissive material effect, without having to create an material intance for each image.

Does somebody have a clue how to get this done ?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions

Oh my bad, maybe it requires more explanation. I would like to make the circles or any other white colored spaces on the image “glow” as like the “tron effect”. So the full image has to be complete visible, but only the white(or any colored choosed) should be handled by the material to get the glow effect applied in any color defined by the material instance. Having the image not beeing part of the material… ?

Hmm…that is trickier.

You could still try to mask out the circles (with a mask node, not the pin). Then you could change their color/brightness as much as you want without affecting the rest of the image.

Then, you could invert the image to mask the circles out but leave the rest of the image, invert back, and then max node (I think) the two versions of the image (just circles and no circles) together and plug that in to the color.

I’m not sure of exactly the right nodes to do it, but I hope the idea was clear.

UPDATE: So after playing with it, I can’t quite figure out how to do this myself. Also, it occurs to me that the mask nodes aren’t opacity masks like the pin mask actually.

I think this is getting to far into guessing for me. Sorry.