How to Adjust a UV Horizontally :-|

THAT’S GREAT. A 2 constant Variable that’s great, makes it light! :slight_smile:

Thank You! I KNEW IT WOULD BE SO SIMPLE. But sometimes it takes forever to find the simplest thing :_)

(Alpha in Opacity there,… Hey I wonder if I could use Alpha in EMISSION?)

I just want to adjust the placement of an objects Texture Horizontally but not vertically, without changing the tiling or having the adjustment happen over time.

I can’t believe how much time it has taken to try to find this out. UE4 can be such a PITA. I have worked professionally in 3ds Max, since before Windows even existed and it was 3D Studio for DOS, if this adjustment was in any way logical or accessible I should have been able to find it myself! I of course looked in the “documentation” (for days). Hopeless if you don’t know what a thing is even called. (Who would have thought PANNER would be a suggestion? That wasn’t even in there!)

I will post the most recent suggestion I found, and where I am at below, (doesn’t work though. doesn’t do anything).,.,
I had hoped to find someone here had already asked this, but none of the answers I found work.

I would simply export, adjust UV’s in 3ds Max and re-import, but this is for a stereoscopic Backdrop Material, something Max UV’s will be 100% unable to help with,.,

Here is where I am at:

THANK YOU!!!

How to Adjust a UV Horizontally

U shifted by .5; the sampler can Wrap or Clamp - this can be set individually on the asset, too.

Hey I wonder if I could use Alpha in
EMISSION

Should work, it’s just a value after all - packing information into an image is a common technique in PBR.