How to add new functionality to the function spline component?

I want to add to the function spline component (Add Spline Point) new features - rotation.
How can I do this?
To create an inherited class from the standard spline component, and to add C++ code?
If I’m right, please give instructions how to do it.
If not, are there some other ways of solving the problem?
Sorry for possible mistakes as English.
Thanks in advance.

213349-screenshot-4.png

213350-screenshot-1.png

Hi AlexHakeemStorm
The thing you want is actually basic:

1. Create a new Class child from USplineComponent

2. Because there is not virtual function for such stuff, you will need create a new UFUNCTION method, something like this:

UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable, Category = “whatever”)
    void AddSplinePointWithRotation(const FVector& Position, const FRotator& Rotation,ESplineCoordinateSpace::Type CoordinateSpace, bool bUpdateSpline);

3. now inside your souce cpp you can almost re use the same functionally:

const FVector TransformedPosition = (CoordinateSpace == ESplineCoordinateSpace::World) ?
    	ComponentToWorld.InverseTransformPosition(Position) : Position;

// Add the spline point at the end of the array, adding 1.0 to the current last input key.
    // This continues the former behavior in which spline points had to be separated by an interval of 1.0.
    const float InKey = SplineCurves.Position.Points.Num() ? SplineCurves.Position.Points.Last().InVal + 1.0f : 0.0f;

SplineCurves.Position.Points.Emplace(InKey, TransformedPosition, FVector::ZeroVector, FVector::ZeroVector, CIM_CurveAuto);
    SplineCurves.Rotation.Points.Emplace(InKey, Rotation, FQuat::Identity, FQuat::Identity, CIM_CurveAuto);
    SplineCurves.Scale.Points.Emplace(InKey, FVector(1.0f), FVector::ZeroVector, FVector::ZeroVector, CIM_CurveAuto);

if (bLoopPositionOverride)
    {
    	LoopPosition += 1.0f;
    }

if (bUpdateSpline)
    {
    	UpdateSpline();
    }

Thanks, I’ll try and write!)