How to add more options in change pin type menu

Greetings everyone,

My level of expertise is minimal and I would greatly appreciate your help on this minor issue. In the image attached I want to change the pin type to material, (i am following a UE4 tutorial from youtube), but the only options i have are the Material Sprite and the Papair Terain ones. Is there a way to add types and such? I am basically trying to make the chess board now and to color accordingly the tiles. For that I want to apply a material on the according tiles but i need the pin type to be the according one and not the ones shown. How can i proceed from here? Is there a way to add pin types?

Your English is very hard to read, but from what I can understand you want to make a chess board.

You can not add typed pins in UE4. The type comes from the class behind the pin. If you make a class called ClassX and you make a variable of that type the pin will be that type. You can change the classes, not the pins.

That being said, to make a chessboard all you want is to have a black and white 8x8 texture that you use as a mask when blending textures and colours. The easiest way to do this is to, in the same material, make the code for two materials and then use the 8x8 texture to selectively replace some pixels with the new colour.

Yes, i have a hard time making clear what my question is. Well, the reason behind my question lies in this here link:

If you go to minute 4:10 you will see the spot i am referring to.

If you see at that minute, this person has the option “material”. While i do not. He actually has way more options than me.

oh lord…i think i am so dumb…i just figured it out…
I HAVE THE OPTION RIGHT BELOW…IT IS RIGHT BELOW IN THE MENU…

Good that you managed to get it to work, but that way of doing it is suboptimal. Good luck!