How to access alternate glyphs that are in the font but somehow not in Unreal?

I’ve imported a font into Unreal that I know has stylistic alternate glyphs for capital letters. These alternate glyphs use the same Unicode as the original capital letters (0041 for A, 005A for Z, etc.) but they do have a different GID number, but I’m not sure how to access this glyph in Unreal.

I think this question can be extended to stuff like standard ligatures and whatnot, and I’m wondering if someone else has been able to get this to work?

Thanks for your time in advance.

To provide some more context:

I understand fonts essentially get condensed into sprite atlases and that if you need special characters that you can add these yourself.
I am aware of the ability to add Sub-Fonts to an existing Font asset I have been succesful in changing the capital letters A-Z into capital letters from a different font.

But this implies that I’m supposed to create a new custom font where all the capital letters are replaced with the alternate glyphs, which seems to me as a roundabout way of going about it because the alternate glyphs should be in the original font file and I shouldn’t need to create custom fonts.

Also from that drop-down list, I can pick ranges of special symbols like Hiragana or Katakana or whatever, but nowhere in the dropdown list does it say “Stylistic Alternatives” or something like that.

Is there something about stylistic alternates that is inherently different? I don’t know why they don’t seem to have different hexadecimal codes even though they are just another range of extra glyphs in the font.

I’m beginning to feel like they are simply a very specific graphical feature that isn’t supported by UE at the moment, so for anyone else here with the same question I will probably turn this into a feature request.
(Which I assume will be low priority and never happen because I’m probably the only person who wants/needs this lol.)

I don’t understand enough about the inner workings and C++ of importing/converting fonts and getting certain data from the ttf file to have a clear idea how to do this myself.

I will most likely try to find font editing software and manually create an alternative ttf file. Which is a pain so if someone happens to know how to get the stylistic alternates to work please let me know.

In the meantime, I’ve gotten ligatures to work. For anyone wondering: in the TextBlock by checking the Text Shaping Method box and setting it to Full Shaping. It will work as long as the letter spacing is small enough.