How might one display a map of the level

I understand, but I don’t know how big the map is. It might be possible to set the camera distance and FOV.

Otherwise, I’m not sure…

Just a quick question about displaying a map. I have my game displayed as below.

As you can clearly see, I have a mini-map in the top left, and as you can see, you don’t get to see the whole area of the level. What I’d like to be able to do is say, for example, Press “M” and display a full overhead view of the level map. Now, I know of one way to do it by just loading up an image of each level, which of course would mean creating images of each level… and I have a LOT of them… and it just seems… inefficient. Would there be an easier way to do it? Like maybe if a button is pressed the viewpoint switches to another camera placed centrally above the level itself or something like that?

the only tutorials I’ve found involve blowing up the mini-map image, which as previously stated, doesn’t display the whole level as needed, or the previously stated Image of each map needing to be made and loaded in each time.

A render target would be the way. You have a camera following the player, facing directly downwards, and render what it’s seeing to the target, and display the target as your minimap.

I think you misunderstand what I’m after. I already have the mini-map displaying my character and the area surrounding it, but it doesn’t show the full map of the area, which is what I need, not just the small area around the player.