How do you get multiplayer working with Oculus?

I am trying to get basic multiplayer working primarily through blueprints using the Oculus Online Subsystem, with a bit of C++ to set the Net Id for each player controller. After the player successfully joins the session through the Join Session node provided by Unreal, the connection to the host is immediately lost. This is what the output log states when this happens:

PacketHandlerLog: Loaded PacketHandler component: Engine.EngineHandlerComponentFactory (StatelessConnectHandlerComponent)
LogNet: Game client on port 7777, rate 10000
LogNet: UPendingNetGame::InitNetDriver: Sending hello. [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 0.0.0.0:7777, Name: IpConnection_0, Driver: PendingNetDriver IpNetDriver_0, IsServer: NO, PC: NULL, Owner: NULL
LogNet: Host name resolution failed with 48
LogNet:Warning: Network Failure: PendingNetDriver[PendingConnectionFailure]: Your connection to the host has been lost.
LogNet: NetworkFailure: PendingConnectionFailure, Error: ‘Your connection to the host has been lost.’
LogBlueprintUserMessages: [FPGameInstance_C_3] Pending Connection Failure
LogNet: DestroyNamedNetDriver IpNetDriver_0 [PendingNetDriver]
LogExit: PendingNetDriver IpNetDriver_0 shut down

I am not the only person experiencing this problem, and I am a bit disappointed that over a year after the consumer rift was released, it is still impossible to set up a multiplayer game with it using just blueprints (CouchKnights doesn’t count, because it was built for DK2 and without the Oculus Online Subsystem). I’m also baffled by the lack of documentation or sample projects demonstrating how to make a simple multiplayer game for the current Rift. There is not even a Join Session node from the Oculus Online Subsystem, despite the fact that they provide every other necessary node for setting up an online infrastructure. Unity has a plethora of support for creating multiplayer games with any VR device, and Unreal is clearly lagging behind. Please help!

We have the very same problem. And also other users here are experimenting the same issue (this place seems to be abandoned, I’ve never received an answer…)

It seems to work better by disabling Windows Defender… I’m not having this problem anymore since yesterday

I also meet this problem. When I call JoinSession, client log “travel to 1364651654315643.oculus”, and then brawse level1, but my host is opened level2, Epic, can you help me?

I’m having this problem too, let me know if you figure it out, or a workaround, I was thinking of using some save states and loading the proper level if the session has joined

I’m bloody absolutly ■■■■■■ off right now I just spent all week trying to get online working after forking out another 400+$ for another Quest 2 headset and the online is just broken…

No documentation no tutorials some sparse notes on how to setup the bps on oculus development pages but it doesn’t work at all. I even downloaded and setup and tried to fix source code, wasn’t enough.

The oculus 4.26 build and the engine is a just broken, like what did you do oculus to that engine seriously? my mateirals and VR preview are broken in editor now thanks oculus for wasting my time and money.

I’m at my wits end with this bull ■■■■

I seriously don’t think Oculus wants us to make games for them at this point