how do i make patterns?

I want to make a concrete/brick pattern but I don’t know how.
I want to make a pattern with concrete in the middle and brick surrounding it any one know how to do this?

Try to make your pattern in illustrator or photoshop, then export it as bitmap(.bmp).Then use it in material editor adding as bitmap.

You can also use Blender to create textures. There are some pretty good walkthroughs/examples on how to create a brick texture. Or checkout the Quixel Megascans. I think I remember seeing a brick pattern.

Yes Megascan Quixel is best option for you and it’s free for Unreal as well.

Thanks everyone!

There’s also a few free texture generators and creation applications online. Could simply make an image of a brick texture in Photoshop or Inkscape (free, similar app to PS), and use a white mask to start the middle area of concrete. Then get a concrete texture from the texture generator or other source (Quixel megascans for instance), and add it to the image over the white, opaque middle area. Try to maintain same aspect ratio or at least resolution between programs.

do you have a link to a tutorial video on this
@preston42382

These are Tutorial links for Substance Designer. That might help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpsLg44gSg8

What program do you use for making patterns / textures? Do you want photorealistic looking brick / concrete, or cartoonish, or something else?

One of the first steps would be to import an image of the pattern into the program when you’ve started a project. Then you are able to modify it from there. That’s when you should look up tutorials of the basics of how to use masks, and how to combine two different images.