How do I instantiate other blueprints from whithin a blueprint?

I’m assuming this is possible,

for example I create a board tile which does a specific thing, then I want another blueprint to create a load of the dynamically. How do I do this? I can’t seem to drag other blueprints in or find the right node.

Thank you!

spawn

That post basically just suggests I use a SpawnActor node, however I have no such node available within my blueprint (a class actor construction blueprint). The only thing available, even with context sensitivity turned off, is something to do with spawning AI.

I notice that this node is available from a game mode blueprint and from the level blueprint, but that’s not what I want. I want one class blueprint to handle the location of several other actor blueprints which it will then manage. what do you suggest? Thank you.

I don’t think you can spawn from construction scripts, you can link to the begin play event on the blueprints event graph and then spawn then.

Ah, so you can only spawn at run-time. gotcha. thanks!

You can spawn mesh objects in the construction script, just not actors, if that helps.

There is a node that can be used for this called ‘Spawn Actor From Class’.

However the important thing to note is that you can’t do this in the construction script, only at run-time.