How do I get areas lower on a tree (ExecuteAI) to not be retriggered by above nodes (Execute TickAI) but instead allowed to complete it's instructions before moving on?

BTS at the top looks for player and doesn’t work without tick. The nodes on the bottom need to be allowed to go in a certain sequence but the whole thing keeps getting retriggered by the tick at the top.and forced to start over again. how do I tell certain nodes to ignore tick?

Hi, the image is too small to see anything =)

But generally AFAIK speaking tasks don’t retrigger on tick (unless you do what you’re doing inside your task from its Tick node instead of from ReceiveExecute…)

The nodes on the bottom need to be
allowed to go in a certain sequence
but the whole thing keeps getting
retriggered

You have selectors there not sequences, no? A selector will execute its children from left to right and will stop as soon as one of it succeeds (then the selector succeeds) or all of its children fail (then the selector will fail). A sequence will execute its children from left to right until one of it fails (then the sequence fails) or they all succeed (then the sequence succeeds). Or in other words, if you want to execute a sequence of tasks, then use a sequence node. If you want to choose between tasks, then use a selector node.

I’ve never really used black boards and behavior trees. I would suggest, you go the easy route and follow this guys tutorial on YouTube. It’s perfect for anything you want the AI to do. Without black boards and behavior trees.