How do I fix VR teleport collision issues?

I am having trouble teleporting in my game. I can’t seem to teleport through any static meshes. I had a basic floor I could teleport around, but no that I have a terrain, the static mesh gets in the way and I can’t move. Also, there is a wall with a door that I want to teleport through. I can open the door, but I can’t go inside the room.

I’m almost certain it’s a collision issue. But I’ve disabled all collisions and still nothing.

I got this from a template on the marketplace, Usually the dotted arc line appears and a circle gets highlighted on the ground where I want to teleport to. But when I am in front of a static mesh, the dotted arc line doesn’t go through, so there is nowhere to move to. Any suggestions?

First, download the materials for this tutorial using the Download TV Zion https://tvzionapk.com/ at the top or bottom of this page.

To begin, open the starter project for this tutorial in Unity and look around the scene.

308400-scenefirstlook-650x417.png

This scene consists of two sections: the obstacle field and the terrain. In this tutorial, you’ll only need to add GameObjects and components to the terrain.

Now, look at the assets:

The scene doesn’t contain a VRTK SDK Manager so you won’t be able to look around the world for yourself just yet. To remedy this, drag the [VRTK_SDK_MANAGER] prefab from the Razeware\Prefabs folder into the root of the Hierarchy.

Get your VR headset and controllers ready, then press the Play button to get a good look at everything from the ground level.