How do i fix c++ project creating stuff?

i recently installed the program and wanted to start with a tutorial “Battery collector” thing. and i couldn’t even do the first step of creating the project. i get the issue of many letters and symbols. and i was able to copy it. do i did it and now pasted it here…

An error occurred while trying to generate project files.

Running C:/Un_Engine/UE_4.14/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe -projectfiles -project=“C:/Users/Admin/Documents/Unreal Projects/BatteryCollector/BatteryCollector.uproject” -game -rocket -progress
Discovering modules, targets and source code for project…
UnrealBuildTool Exception: ERROR: No 32-bit compiler toolchain found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\cl.exe

i how do i fix this thing. i want to learn using this engine…
I also wanted to search this on google but it’s too much to understand so i couldn’t search this…

Hello DrakBell,

Here’s the error that you’ll need to pay attention to:

UnrealBuildTool Exception: ERROR: No 32-bit compiler toolchain found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\cl.exe

This usually means that you don’t have the C++ content installed for Visual Studio 2015. You’ll need to go ahead and enable this.

The link above shows how to go about doing this. Once you get the C++ tools installed, it should work perfectly.

Have a great day and good luck with the tutorial.

Hi, I’m having a similar problem.
I cannot get Visual Studio 2015 to install properly, it always comes across a “fatal error”. I decided to install the 2017 version instead, and it worked up until I got the same error message as the person here got.
Any ideas?

Did you install the C++ content as shown in the link I posted?

Yes I did, I also tried selecting to install every optional package available. But the error is still the same. If you need any more information, I posted my question here; Can't make a new 3++ project - AnswerHub - Unreal Engine Forums.

Here’s a link to a filter that contains all the threads of users who have experienced the same error message. I recommend taking a look through those and trying out their solutions to see which one works for you:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Search/index.html?q=UnrealBuildTool+Exception%3A+ERROR%3A+No+32-bit+compiler+toolchain+found+in+C%3A\Program+Files+(x86)\Microsoft+Visual+Studio+14.0\VC\bin\cl.exe&x=0&y=0