How do I enable "Visualize Attenuation" when au.Debug.Sounds is Set?

Hi,

how do I set the “Visualize Attenuation” flag to enabled, so that I can visualize attenuation spheres for debugging purposes?

I do tick the “Debug” option in my soundcue, then enable audio debugging with typing in console au.Debug.Sounds 1.

339269-screenshot-2021-05-19-111803.jpg

However, I can’t really find how to enable that flag.

339281-screenshot-2021-05-19-111718.jpg

Did you ever solve this? I am also struggling with this but apparently, nobody on earth knows how to solve it.

I’m from Mars and I’m here to say:

if you do “au.debug.sounds 1” THEN do “stat sounds -debug” it works

Yeah this was an issue that slipped through our 5.0 triage. I’ll try and get it to work right for 5.1! Apologies.

14.12.2022:

Im stuck with this issue as well and i tried the fix proposed but the attenuation is still not visible when playing in active level editor.

Also tried this:

  • Metasound source - details - selection in property Matrix - developer - tick “debug”.
  • While playing in active level editor i used command:
  1. au.3dVisualize.Enabled 1
  2. au.3dVisualize.ActiveSounds 1,2,3,4
  3. au.3dVisualize.SpatialSources 1
  4. au.3dVisualize.VirtualLoops 1
  5. au.3dVisualize.ActiveSounds.Type 0
  6. au.3dVisualize.Listeners 1

Is there any new information about this?
how can we debug our attenuations visually while playing in active level editor?

Thanks
(horns)

bump

Enter the command below. This should work fine.
→ au.3dVisualize.Attenuation 1

Test Unreal version: v5.2.1-26001984

2023-07-13_22-23-17

It seems to be not working on 5.3. Has it changed?

also not working for me in 5.4.4

Also not working on 5.6