How do I apply an existing anim BP to a new skeletal mesh?

Hi all! I’m trying to figure out the fastest way to cobble together character meshes and animation packs for prototyping. I’m hoping there might be a faster way to mix and match animations meant for different skeletons without having to duplicate work across each of the skeletons.

Say I download a really cool Knight skeletal mesh that doesn’t have any animations or anim BP. I want it to be able to reuse the animations and animation blueprint that are used by the Mannequin in the third person example project.
This new Knight mesh has bones that are all named identically to the Unreal Mannequin, but the Knight happens to have been imported with a different skeleton.

Is there anything I can do to get access to the Mannequin’s animations and anim graph on the Knight without duping out retargeted animations and manually rebuilding the animation graph?

Thanks in advance!

Found it! If you right-click on the skeletal mesh in the content browser, you can select Skeleton->AssignSkeleton

Found it! If you right-click on the skeletal mesh in the content browser, you can select Skeleton->AssignSkeleton

This solution has a little problem: if the source skeleton has additional bones, then ALL meshes will have the same additional bones after re-assign.