How can I use the metahumans retargeting pose asset in the new ik retargeter? UE 5.1

How can I use the metahumans retargeting pose asset in the new ik retargeter in UE 5? Old way of retargeting we can literally import that pose asset… now… well… we cant in the ik retargeter… unless im mistaken. Someone please help to see if this is at all possible.

1 Like

Great question @kurylo3d! There is a new way to retarget animations here in the docs and here is a great video explaining how as well. Either one of these will be able to set you up with an IK rig to use for all of your animations.

i already know how to set up an ik rig. I was hoping to not have to pose it and use the pose thats already created for retargeting. I appreciate it though.

I’m also seeking a way to set a pose here, surely there is some way we can set a pose here rather than playing around trying to customize one?

1 Like

I’ll second that question. I am currently at the same stage, I am trying to define a custom pose in my UE4 → MH retargeter, it somehow works, but it’s only a rough guesstimate with no fully satisfying results. Being able to copy / import / export a pose would be the logical step to get an accurate reference pose for MHs. But to date, it seems that pose edition in the rig retargeter is too feature-limited. If I’m wrong, I would be grateful for someone to explain.