How can I test my prototype on LAN?

Hi. I have now built the prototype of my game, and it works when I test it with any number of instances (in the editor).

Now I’m trying to make so that I can just package my project and test it on multiple machines on a local network with no internet.
So, I tried packaging my project and running the same package on two different machines with no luck; every machine would just run the game on it’s own.
Actually, even running multiple istances on the same machine won’t do; the only way to test right now is via editor.

I must say I am not really into networking, but I have time and determination!

Someone has probably done this before. BUT HOW?

Are you trying to connect to your local IP? Not the local host, local on your home network. Usually it starts like 192.168.0.3 or something like that. Get the local IP of your host and connect to that one, if you try to connect to its own IP they won’t play together.

He already said the editor worked. Be wants to test it on separate machines. Because at the end of the day, getting it to work without the editor is all that matters.

He meant using multiple game instances on ONE machine. Not playing over lan.

I did it!
Basically I took the “Multiplayer Shootout” game, removed pretty much EVERYTHING except the net stuff and the net widgets, then proceeded to tweak the remaining things into loading my game. I’m still working on the conversion, but I could already bring my home router to school and test my prototype with the computers in the class connected to it.

“How can I test my prototype on LAN?”
“Now I’m trying to make so that I can just package my project and test it on multiple machines on a local network with no internet.”

You can simulate the networking from the editor by setting the client number under the Play button. And it requires only one machine.
Thats what he said is worked i think?
What you don’t understand? -.-’"

For those people looking for a solution to this (and who happened to skip the first google result and got this instead like I did), check out the guide here Network testing across multiple computers - Blueprint - Epic Developer Community Forums

Basically:

• Package game using Development config
  • Run the packaged game on the host computer, open console (~ key) and type ‘open [mapname]?listen’
  • Run the packaged game on the client computers, open the console and type ‘open [ip address of host computer]’

Great! Thanks for the reply!