How can I stop UE for Fortnite from updating with Fortnite

I use unreal engine from time to time, and I play fortnite from time to time, so when the UE for Fortnite came out, I thought I would get it, just in case I get the urge to make a couple of badly made maps.

But now everytime fortnite has an update, it’s padded with an extra 3-5 gb for the Unreal Editor. For some reason those are linked, and I can’t remove the editor from my library. What can I do so I don’t download extra gb in my updates for no reason?

I’m assuming trying to uninstall fortnite is not an option

I too just kill the patient if they got a leech on them.

JRJT

@Serer Thank you for your report! We would like to look into this further, would you be able to submit a bug report using the form available here? Fortnite Creative

1 Like

Can you get me renegade raider please

3 Likes

I gotchu thank too

\

1 Like

UCB-1037 incident has been created. Status is ‘Awaiting Validation’.

how do u get fortnite’

Hi @Serer

Thanks for reaching out to us. Having limited hard drive space myself, I can understand your frustration. The short answer is, if you continue using UE for Fortnite, unfortunately you will keep seeing the auto-update every time Fortnite gets a new version.

This is because UEFN is a different application from the standard Unreal Editor, with different versioning, tied to Fortnite releases. In fact, the content inside the application reflects the latest Fortnite content, and the preview feature actually launches the Fortnite client to give you a real-world look of how your creation would look inside the game. Therefore, in order to make it possible for you to add your custom maps to the Fortnite Ecosystem, UEFN must always be up to date.

I hope this helps making sense of the reasoning behind the auto-update, though I realise you may find this answer disappointing. As you are an Unreal Editor user, you can always uninstall UEFN, and continue working with UE 5.