How can I resolve the errors MSB3073 and Failed to produce item?

I’m trying to create an editor plugin but am having trouble getting it to build w/ even the most basic plugin code. The error I get is this:

Error	2	error MSB3073: The command "C:\Users\Scott\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat TestPluginEditor Win64 Development "C:\Users\Scott\Documents\Unreal Projects\TestPlugin\TestPlugin.uproject"" exited with code -1.	C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets	38	5	TestPlugin

Error	1	error : Failed to produce item: C:\Users\Scott\Documents\Unreal Projects\TestPlugin\Plugins\Editor\TestObjectManager\Intermediate\Build\Win64\Dynamic\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-TestObjectManager.exp	C:\Users\Scott\Documents\Unreal Projects\TestPlugin\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR	TestPlugin

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

After making a copy of the included “PluginEditor” plugin directory, I finally got the project to build again and acknowledge the plugins existence. Obviously I had to modify the class/file names and comment out pretty much every line of code in the few files I ended up needing. Anyway, it was kind of a hassle, but now I can finally move onto bigger and better things :slight_smile:

I had a similar problem with my plugin. I had forgotten to use the IMPLEMENT_MODULE macro.

That was probably my problem, but its too late to test that theory out :slight_smile: