How can I play my map with friends without making them part of a team in UEFN?

In Creative 1.0 this was very simple. I invited friends in a group and we entered the creative hub where the group could enter a map of each group member.

In UEFN I couldn´t find a way to do so. Can anyone help?

2 Likes

You have to publish the map, or add them to a team, im pretty sure as of now this is the only way to do it. Sorry.

Thank you Foreignprince80 for your quick reply. The problem with a team is that there are only 3 roles and each of them has the right to edit. That´s not a valid option. So the only way seems to be to publish, but that´s not possible at the moment. I have applied for the “Support a creator”-Program but haven´t received an answer yet.

Requiring players to be on a team to play maps in development is preventing me from play testing with my kid and my friends kids due to the 18+ restriction from joining a team. That’s really taking a lot of the fun out of the development process, and restricts the amount of feedback I can get from my target audience.

We really need to be able to play test with Fortnite friends who aren’t part of a UEFN team.

It would also be nice to have an exemption to the 18+ rule for teams, for minors to join teams owned by their parent, i.e. with accounts that are already linked in Epic’s system.

5 Likes

I’m curious of the same. It’s difficult to test the multiplayer code I wrote for the Team Elimination Game tutorial without having any way to invite friends that aren’t specified as Team members.

2 Likes

I’ve the same issue … i try ti publish the map as private but even if i invite Friends (not part of the team) they stay in the HUB and did not have access. any idea in how to test It ?
Br m.

Its important for safety and security that project testing is done through the established team system, this is due to the nature of the “Upload Anything” environment that UEFN gives access to. Until your project is published, and has passed moderation, there is no guarantee that the elements in the project are safe for the Fortnite User base to see.

As a work around to Team members editing your project when they are connected to your session, you can always turn the “Live Edit” option off in the … menu next to Launch Session.

This will prevent your changes from being sent to the Edit Session, as well as prevent their edits from being sent back to UEFN. Also, if you keep the session set to “Auto Start Game” or start the game manually, it will remove the Phone from all players and disable them from making edits. The person who is controlling UEFN will be able to continue making Edits, and can use “Push Changes” to send any updates.

Playtest groups are something we have thought about but have not landed it anywhere on our roadmap yet.

2 Likes

I understand the safety problem but why not making it possible to join the map only when invited ?

This way, only your friends could access the unmoderated content, which I don’t think is a concern for anyone ?

Also a “Tester” team role (no edit allowed) that doesn’t need KYC would allow for a slightly better experience imo.

EDIT: We now have Playtest Groups, which might do the trick ? (didn’t test it yet)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.