How can I get UE4 for free as an european student ?

Hi. I am a romanian student at an university in Bucharest. I have heard that with an .edu email account, you could get UE4 free updates for about an year. The problem is- edu email accounts are reserved for US students only since 2001. Is there any other way to attest that you’re a student and get free subscription if you’re not from US ?

I got this from Github stuff. But make sure your proof is readable =D

Cool. When I start the actual development I will sure give this a try. Thanks for letting me know.

If you do have a school email but it isn’t an .edu it still works most of the time. It indeed is an issue .edu isn’t used outside the US, and this often is recognized with international student discount programs. My university was recognized by github (and others) while it uses just a regular TLD. Therefore I didn’t have to upload my ID/student card to anywhere, just hook up my school email to github and get all the discounts in their student package.

Well, I’m from Serbia and my School e-mail ends with ‘edu.rs’. Hopefully I’ll get accepted and get that awesome bundle of theirs! Really looking forward to play around UE4 :slight_smile:

how I can get this from Github stuff?! where? :slight_smile:

Lol, my romanian brother, same here :smiley:

Well, I requested a copy almost 5 days ago and no response whatsoever. Not really sure what’s going on.

Here is a link:

For those of you waiting for a code from GitHub, it can take several days to get a response. Just as a warning, Epic does not control GitHub’s distribution or verification process for the codes, so the length of time it takes to send a response is in their hands. Let me know if you have any other questions.

So many romanians here, I’m from RO too :smiley: try to get it from github

I did send my request yesterday, hope i’ll get it :slight_smile: :smiley:

I’ve sent my request to Github with student IDs over a month ago and still no reply so …good luck with that. Also from Bucharest , Romanian-American University.

It’s been a week and still no reply. I think the reason why it takes so much times is because there are so many quite expensive things that they offer for free and they were probably scammed by some people, so they now take their time in verification process to ensure that the bundle is being sent out to the right people. I just wish there was an option so we could include/exclude stuff from the bundle. It would probably speed up the whole process.

It is also has been a week for me without reply. I have sent screenshot from school site(while logged in as student) and photo of my student Card/ID.
I just can’t wait to start learning the UE4.

I’m pretty bummed out because I didn’t get my copy yet as I planned to dedicate my whole weekend learning and playing around with UE4. Oh well, hopefully I don’t have to wait a month or so like some people from here. :smiley:

Yeah, I get you, because I have like a month of free time right now, so I wanted to use the time for learning. I even sent an email to github but no response at all.

Well, one of the staff responded to me saying that the verification is going really slow now due to many faulty requests they’ve been getting lately from all the scammers.

Could you ask what exactly should we send from Romania as proof?

Well, everything’s on the site regarding that quest. Essentially, nothing more than a linked .edu e-mail or a picture of an official document is needed. All we can do at this moment is wait, since they didn’t give me an ETA.

I’ve sent them pics of both ID’s and student’s ID. And that was almost 2 months ago so …I kinda doubt it will ever come.