I always wanted to revert all the cinematic next gen ultra super settings of Unreal and make a casual non performance heavy game!
I already made quite the progress but one thing is bothering me, in the first image look at the edges of the walls, they are pixelated and not sharp at all, while in other engines this bearly happens.
And yes I tweaked around with the anti-aliasing but with no success, can anyone help with this?
My settings:
SM5 Direct X 11
No Global Illumination (no Lumen)
No Nanite
Screen Space Reflections
No motion Blur
Scalability is on High
Go to project settings
Select SMAA as the Anti Aliasing solution then go to post process volume and enable sharpen and keep it as a value of 1
If you want old school look then go to project settings and turn on forward rendering then u can use MSAA anti aliasing(*Do note by default it is set to 4x MSAA which is very expensive on lower end hardware so make sure to enable options for the users, and MSAA doesn’t work with deferred rendering
You’re right, it really gives this old school look, altough my post process material is not working but I think the edges look much sharper and it makes the scene more readable without a “visual noise”