How can I create a blur in a material without texture samples?

Hi, I’m trying to blur or thicken some lines created using the ddy and ddx of some Voronoi noise coloured using some cellnoise as you can see in the image below.

The material currently has very thin lines that aren’t visible from every angle and I’d like to thicken or blur these lines like the faked image below. Does anyone know how I can do this? Unfortunately the blur nodes require a texture input which isn’t compatible with the floats I’m using. I’ve also tried faking the blur but can’t adjust the location of these lines as the noise uses absolute world position and I can’t seem to create any uv shift. Any help you could offer would be great, thank you.

hey again ! :slight_smile:
so basically when you want to do a blur, you calculate the surrounding pixels and weight them together, normaly it s done using offset on UV and several samplers, but in your case i m not sure it s possible. in your setup, the noise generator is the sampler, and its input are the coordinate, i tried it and when you offset the world coordinate, it changes the noise. so way to proceed like this.

Hi again! Ahh thank you for your help, I’ll have to see if I can find another way to process with this. Using a render target and then blurring the result might need to be how I do it.