How can fix my unreal from crashing because of new highscore function?

link text

Hi, it seems that whatever link text you wanted to post did not appear; at least not for me. Can you please provide both the crash you are receiving, as well as the code for the high score function you believe is causing the issue?

- YouTube In this I explain and show all the code relating to the problem. The Mic quality is bad so refer to the description for an explanation on the situation. As for the error message in the crash launcher it goes as follows:

LoginId:6f3d92dc462ed3241f1555ae678c766d
EpicAccountId:3e95e6b55d1e4872a240d98fa0bc8282

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000000005a0

UE4Editor_RobotRunners_0029!ARobotRunners_GamemodeBase::PlayerDied() [C:\Users\ethan\Documents\Unreal Projects\RobotRunners\Source\RobotRunners\Private\RobotRunners_GamemodeBase.cpp:125]
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

The message tells you exactly where the error occurs so the piece of code in question (PlayerDies() function) and the runtime values when the crash occurs would help far more than that video. From skimming though I would assume that RunCharacter is already destroyed when you access the score, but it’s hard to say without more accurate information and I doubt anyone will sit through the video (it’s really horrible sry). Also, have you actually stepped through the code with the debugger? You don’t seem to do that in the video (which is the one thing that would actually help).