House in Madeira’s Countryside - Architecture and Interior Design

Hi there!

Just wanted to share with you my latest project done in Unreal. Pure Lumen with no raytracing involved.

Casa na Serra is a concept project located in Madeira’s (Portugal) countryside.

The architecture was kept simple but elegant and modern, blending in with its surroundings, and the interiors were designed to be cosy, comfortable and refined.

The music is a Fado and the artwork represents the folklore and tradition of Portuguese music between Portugal and Madeira’s Island.

In this project, I used Unreal Engine 5.3 and DaVinci Resolve 18.6 for the final touches in color and lighting.

I hope you like it!

4 Likes

Hi there @Studio3n3,

Hope you’re well!

I had to hop in here quickly just to say this is a beautifully done project. The modern decor choices combined with all the “natural” lighting is breathtaking. Did you design the interior yourself or did you take inspiration from a real life location?

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your art with us here on the forums. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there @PresumptivePanda

All good this end of the pond, I hope you’re well too! :smiley:

Thank you for your kind words! Glad you liked it! All the interior/textures was designed by me and the architecture as well.

A little bit of inspiration was taken from some New Zealand’s modern architecture but did my own layout for rooms and areas.

Thank you for having this forum to showcase projects, solve issues and learn new ways and methods of using Unreal Engine.

1 Like

Oh that’s such an impressive feat. Designing such a modern home from scratch is challenging to do just “well” - let alone for it to be done so beautifully. :slight_smile: My favorite element is by far how every room is laid out to be lived in. Storage options close to where you’d need them, lighting and windows to create that seamless “one with nature” feeling, and most importantly there’s warmth. Often modern homes are decorated solely in light neutrals, but your use of golds and blacks brings in that homely feeling while remaining modern. Incredible artistry :smiley:

I hope we get to see more of your work!

1 Like

Thank you for such nice words! :blush: I can sense you enjoy the world of interiors and architecture by the way you analyse the project :laughing:

I’ve done a video doing a tour of the house, just a speed-up of how would I present to the client, if you get a chance have a look, there are more areas to visit.

For sure! The idea is to create more concepts and share some clients’ projects (if allowed) and how I got to that result. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi again @Studio3n3! :slight_smile:

Thanks for giving us a bit more to fan over. The walkthrough showed so many details I originally missed. And also showed off the layout a bit. Do you currently have plans to create a similar project anytime soon?

1 Like

For sure! @PresumptivePanda I’ve got a couple of projects in mind that I’d like to finish before spring ends and also it serves as content for the portfolio and youtube channel. I just got 3 months working as solo so baby steps for me :smiley:

1 Like

I can’t wait to see them :slight_smile: Good luck in these next few months! You got this :smiley:

1 Like