HotReload Replacement on 5.x on Mac/XCode

I decided I’d ask this to see if there was something available to those on Mac/XCode to replace the function of HotReload, as it’s fairly time consuming to restart the editor after every compile. My code compiles in a few seconds, but editor load takes a minute or more (go-refill-the-coffee-mug sort of wait).

Since moving to 5 (now on 5.2.3), I’ve been dutifully closing the editor after compiling and reopening to incorporate changes. I’ve always had to do that if I were adding UPROPERTYs or UFUNCTIONs, but with the old hotreload, used to be able to rapidly test by using the in-editor compile button after opening XCode and building the editor from XCode (depending on what I changed in my programs).

That capability disappeared with the new LiveCoding (forget what it’s called) and to my understanding, that new feature is not available except on Windows. Not saying the old capability was good, but it sure saved time due to editor load time and kept workflow a little bit cleaner.

The question is, is there some way to force a reload of the object code in a project without closing the editor, until such time as the new method is made available?

Any other Mac users out there who use C++? I’m really interested to know if everyone else has this issue or if I am missing something really basic about the post-HotReload Unreal workflow for compilation and testing on MacOS.