Host Migration Possible with Client-Server (Listen) Servers?

I currently have a co-op game right now and I have most of it working but the only problem is that when the host disconnects, the match would end for every one else too.

Is there anyway to make it so that if the host disconnects/quits, the person with like the lowest ping will be chosen to be the host of the server?

also this is like an extra questions, but is there a way to get like a feature like matchmaking working? right now i only have a server browser but I just want 4 players to be put into the same lobby when they search for a match.
Would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

1 Like

Unfortunately UE4 does not have a built-in host-migration system. It is possible for a game to add this feature, but it does not exist currently.

how would i go about this if UE4 doesn’t have host migration? is it like just like when you would host a server but instead of entering all the information and stuff, you would force the person with the lowest ping to be host with all the current settings and start the map with like previous round’s equipment and currency?

what i don’t understand is, when the host leaves the game or the game crashes. aren’t all the other players already disconnected so how would it create a new server? i’m really lost on this since i don’t know how you would force it to a new server and make all the previous players connect to it.

For the matchmaking I would use the Advanced Session Plugin. With that you can setup custom extra settings like level requirements or versus modes (2on2 etc.) to your sessions. Then just search for sessions and filter the extra settings to make some sort of matchmaking. It’s also possible to update the extra settings when the session has started. You can set Floats, Bytes, Strings, Booleans and Integers (maybe more)

If anybody is still interested I found a way to integrate host migration with blueprint. If guys want i can make a tutorial on it.

1 Like

yes please, i still need it. for now im just going to be using dedicated servers only until i find out how to do host migration.

YES PLEASE. I would be seriously interested in this! Thanks

You would be my hero!

I haven’t seen any tutorial on this yet! Anything to get us going in the right direction would be awesome!

Did you ever make the tutorial as i cannot find it anywhere.

1 Like

yes i need a tutorial. Can you please send the link

Made a plugin for this