Horde configuration to support testing previously built packages

I have a test project and Horde setup following https://dev.epicgames.com/documentation/en\-us/unreal\-engine/horde\-test\-automation\-tutorial\-for\-unreal\-engine.

​

One thing I noticed is that the test node in provided example requires the build to be cooked and packaged first. One user story is that I would like to start a job on Horde to run multiple test cases on previously “good” builds of certain changelists.

​

My current solution is to have the good builds published to some fixed storage path such as n:/Green/123456/Win64 first, then configure a test node to copy from that path and launch tests. However, I wonder if there is already some built-in feature in Horde to achieve that. If there is, how do I setup my project job template and buildgraph?​

​

Thank you.

​

​

​

Steps to Reproduce
Following samples provided here to setup Horde project, each test job will still require steps to build and cook a package:

https://dev.epicgames.com/documentation/en\-us/unreal\-engine/horde\-test\-automation\-tutorial\-for\-unreal\-engine

Hello, the use of ScheduleGateConfig on the StreamConfig.ScheduleConfig could be used. The “gate” is the node that publishes the build(s) you want to test.

https://dev.epicgames.com/documentation/en\-us/unreal\-engine/horde\-schema\-for\-unreal\-engine\#schedulegateconfig

"schedule": {
     ...
    "gate": {
        "templateId": "incremental-ci",
        "target": "Incremental Compile Editor and Tools"
     },

Matthew