Hololens support?

I don’t think we will hear anything one way or another for some time. Looks like it is still in development, with no release of DK’S on the schedule yet.

I fear the cost of the HMD will not be at a consumer level.

Thanks Tim, I’m with this comment. :slight_smile:

Maybe we will see more at GDC.

Now that the build conference is underway and we’ve seen some more of the hardware, can epic also start talking about the integration we can expect with it??

Maybe we will see more at GDC.
[/QUOTE]

If MS is interested in games for that, so far they only show of daily and bussiness use

I am such a UE4 developer fanboy, I refuse to go to Unity. With that said I am jumping into AR design and product creation as we speak with a team and am very excited to be doing so. Eventually, if not very soon I know UE4 will be able to be used for Hololens development.

So my question is, would you be willing to look at a grant submission, Tim, for a project that is designing for Hololens and plans on using UE4 in order to deliver it?

Unreal! Unreal! Unreal! :slight_smile: Much love to everyone on these forums

bumping this up - as i don’t want to use Unity :slight_smile: … any Statement i might have missed?

Going to bump this 1 again too.

I much prefer to work in Unreal over Unity, but I also do a lot of 1 off event based work and unique experiences using hardware not made for commercial games.

Unity seems to get support for these much much earlier than Unreal does. (Hololens, Tango, Arduino etc) So unfortunately it looks like for some things I am going to have to start heading back to Unity for, since for most of my projects we work on very tight timeframes so don’t have time to develop all the necessary plugins by ourselves.

Bumping it up one more time! I am in the same issue, I do prefer working with UE4 but I feel obliged to switch to Unity due to the tight schedule!

Bumping this - looking forward to hearing more from Epic about HoloLens integration with UE4.

Hololens will be windows 10+ and dx12 exclusive, and they probably slap on it that new gimmick UWP.
So it will be most probably so exclusive that will work only on newest (at release) windows system and only with certified apps.
This is one huge mistake that microsoft repeats forever, with games and hardware, they monetize on exclusives but because of that many great games and some hardware died.
VR needs broad adoption, you will not get it while locking hardware only to certain developer and os. I thought they would learn that lesson from windows phones flop.

Any updates on support now that it has been released? I’ve seen some stuff being done in Unity.