HMD Oriented body without delay

Hi there!

I’m currently working on a project with the mitchemmc VR template.

I want to be able to oriented my head and the body fallow and foward in that direction i look, in realtime. So everywhere i look with the HMD at the same time the body fallowing, so this way i can avoid motion sickness. I don’t really know how to do this with the mitchemmc VR template.

If you can help it will be very well appreciated!

Thanks!

Someone can give me a hand on this ?

apparently nobody lol

It’s kinda urgent… so i’m willing to pay!

In theory it should be pretty easy to do that - haven’t take a look at the template myself though

But I’m not 100% sure it will help with motion sickness - in fact it could make it worse?!? Have you tried any demos where that is done already?

Basically all you should have to do though is: Get Player Camera Manager -> get camera rotation -> and set that into the actor rotation

Well i’m not sure 100% either that this will help to avoid the motion sickness but it seem that this can reduce at least. I saw a youtube video about this, but i can’t find it anymore.

I definitely should try what you just said, but i’m not sure exacly how to setup that.

I re-read your original post - do you mean this: FPS walking without motion sickness - VR and AR Development - Unreal Engine Forums ? I tried the linked demo and that worked really well!

Maybe this thread helps you find a way to get the lean: Looking for help with Lean controlling - VR and AR Development - Unreal Engine Forums

I tried the linked demo but the version is too old, i can’t make it work.

Is there a ‘‘best’’ solution known for control input specially for the 360 controller as a first person ??

And by the way… how can i reduce the velocity of my joystick on the 360 controller ?

Thanks for your time i appreciate :slight_smile:

Hi, I’m trying to make sure your problem. You mention having the body follow the head forward to avoid motion sickness. Since the VR Template Mitch created has a Skeletal rig in it, I’m going to assume you are trying to attach something to the HMD that sticks 1:1 with it? But I might have misunderstood you. I’ll check back.

Have you tried the first person controls in time rifters? Is that what you are going for?