HighRes Screenshots vs. Movie Rendering from Matinee

Hi,

Problem: So we’re trying to create a 4k movie from the “movie” function in Matinee, but no matter what setting we’re using, it is not at all looking the same as a High Resolution Screenshot of the same resolution. The emissive objects are getting squashed (full light in high res vs. a small barely noticeable line in ‘movie’),

• Capture Type: PNG
  • Target Resolution: 4712x2650

Question: What rendering settings / tricks is the High Resolution screenshot doing differently, that a movie rendering (from matinee) is not?

Note: My sincere apologies that I cannot submit screenshots for comparison because of NDA reasons.

So, it turns out this was an AA issue.

We have it set to Temporal AA @ 100%, which is what’s getting captured when we create the movie.

When we’re using High-Res, we’re setting it to 4, which does not need to take into account AA.

Once we set the global post-processing to None, with screen space set to 400%, the results became the same because it’s rendering then scaling in the same / similar way. (or at least that’s what we’ve come to figure).

Temporal AA uses the previous frame as well, as far as i know. That’s why it is more effective in real time. FXAA can be better in some occasions.