Highlight on hover material from old unreal studio template?

Hi, I remember that the gear parts from the old Unreal Studio product visualizer template had this outer glow/highlight material on mouse over, and I wanted to replicate it but couldn’t find a way to access that template anymore.

Can I still find it somewhere?

If not, any ideas how to replicate that effect?

Thanks

It’s a post process

thanks, but this is definitely not the same. the example in the vid flickers a lot and has aliased edges. in the unreal studio example, edges looked anti aliased, had with smooth round corners, and wouldn’t flicker at all. in fact they looked pretty much the same as when you select an object in the editor viewport

It’s just not very well done, but I’m pretty sure it’s what you saw. Here’s another example:

this one creates weird lines inside the mesh though, while I wanted just the general outline.

I’m basically looking for the other method described here:

http://www.michalorzelek.com/blog/tutorial-creating-outline-effect-around-objects/

Render mesh twice. Draw first mesh with a standard material and then draw second mesh with slightly higher scale and emissive material.

it doesn’t describe how to do so though, it only teaches the first method (post process) which is what 99% of tutorials are based on.

I realize what I originally asked was probably post process based, but I’m interested in the other technique

there’s this technique:

which doesn’t produce too great results, and then there’s this one:

which is still post process but local, but the actual thing is paid so I didn’t try it out. If I don’t find any better solutions guess I could spend the 5 bucks…